I had oil problems with my car after hybrid RS6ss were on the car. And as such, i spun a bearing on cyl6. This than prompted me to rebuild the motor. I originally was gonna just replace the bearing and rods and freshen up the motor, but after thinking it through and getting my finances in order, I decided to just go all out and build everything and go GTs.
The parts list are as follows:
Engine bore: 2.8L
Pistons: JE 82.5
Valves, springs, retainers, whatever: 034 Ti Valvetrain and 034 Valves(intake and exhaust) new stock Hydro Lifters
Compression ratio: ~8.8-1
Intake Manifold: Stock
Throttle Body: Stock
Diverter Valves: Baileys
Turbo kit (ie. Tial, ASP, Vast, VAG, GenX, Custom): Agtronic
Turbos (use full model # like GT2560R-466541-1) : GT2871R-0002 .64AR
Wastegates (routed external?): Tial MVS 38mm, Dumped Externally
MAF (brand and size): 90mm
Injectors: EV14 82# @3BAR
Fuel Pump: Bosch 044
Fuel Pressure Regulator: 3BAR
Air Intake/Filter: AEM
Clutch: Tilton Twin Disc
Intercooler(s): JHM/Ebay for now
Mounts (motor, tranny and snub): 034 Track Density Motor Mounts, RS4 trans Mounts, Akipokol Diff mount, 034 billet carrier.
Exhaust: Custom VAST 3.5″ exhaust with 100 cell race cats and Vibrant muffler
Which wideband: Zeitronix ZT-2
Miscellaneous : Phenolic Spacer, ARD Bi-Pipes, Raceware Head Studs, 034 Coated Rod Bearings. Heads also got a Valve Job and Bowl work.
Here are some pictures. I will get more this weekend when I go to the shop
The motor is now fully assembled and the manifolds are being made.
And the only picture i took of the clutch.
Gen JDM BiPipes and VAST EFK
Cleaning up the upper oil pan, getting it ready to be installed. That is LowFlyer
Cleaning up the lower oil pan. And other parts layed out.
Whole big pile of parts. How i got everything back from DTM.
Got the upper pan on and sealed up
Lower pan on and all sealed up
Starting to put the spark plugs in and getting the rest of the stuff ready.
Flywheel/Clutch/Trans are getting bolted on this week. Had some setbacks with missing flywheel bolts.
Cant wait to get the kit tomorrow and start installing everything back in the car! It has been down way to long(10 Months) and I am very excited to see everything so close to coming together again. Huge thanks to Markku and Agtronic for spending the extra time when needed to get the kit done by when they said.
Here are some pics from today.Rear Main Seal on
Have to grind away for clearance
Motor and trans together
Test fitting the turbo
Grinding away another stupid piece for clearance
Mounted up and hooking up all the oil and coolant lines
This is part of the line we made.
You can see the line here. We got heat shielding covers for the lines.
With the motor mount on.
Heat wrapped the downpipes
We got all the accessories on, timing belt covers, pulleys and tensioner for the serpentine belt on. Need to look up the routing for the serpentine belt and than put than on.
Still need to get some couplers for the stock Charge piping off the turbos to mate up to the GTs and get a gasket for the stock oil cooler. But besides that stuff, we are pretty much ready to drop the motor back in the car and start hooking up all the other small stuff!
To replace my worn one.
I want to wire up the switchs to control my radio volume and track.Also got a new headlight switch assembly to replace mine, my cruise control doesnt work and throws an intermittent implausible signal error whenever i try and use it.
All my oil cooler stuff came in also.
I am using an Earls core, still waiting on my sandwhich plate adapter from 034 though
Looks like this!
Now I just need lines and rails and FPR. And of course the crazy expensive fittings, lol
Obviously the first clutch disc is supposed to have splines like the one behind it. Not sure why this happened. This clutch is rated for a LOT more power than I am making.
I have never launched the car and have only banged second gear hard like once, but either way this clutch should be able to hold that.